Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - or the US spelling of Search Engine Optimization - is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web-page in a search engine’s organic, unpaid Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS). The greater the visibility of a website/web-page and the better it ranks for relevant keywords the more likely it is to receive hits from users interested in its particular subject matter.
The better your website content is, the more successful your website will be!
Why is SEO important?
To understand the value of Search Engine Optimisation it is crucial to appreciate the role that search engines play in our day-to-day lives. Here are some useful facts:
- There are 3.5 billion regular internet users throughout the world (as of August 2016)
- 92.6% of the UK population use the internet
- On average 57% of all internet users search the web every day
- Google receives 85% of all search and 75% of users do not go past the first page of search results
- Approximateley 70% of users choose not to click on paid search results, opting for organic results instead
For more information see our SEO copywriting for websites