10 Tips on website copywriting
Here are some helpful tips on how to write well for any occasion, especially for website copy writing. We've tried to give you the cream of the crop for website writing tips so please do have a read through and share with your friends and colleagues - young and old. Oh and remember.. have fun while you write.
Some helpful tips for copy writing:
1. Avoid Alliteration always
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with
3. The passive voice is to be avoided
4. Avoid clichés like the plague. They’re old hat
5. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive
6. Writers should never generalise
seven. Be consistent
8. Don’t use more words than necessary. It’s highly superfluous
9. Be more or less specific
10. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement
If you need help to add content to your website and feel overwhelmed by the work that might be involved - speak to us about our fully managed websites and we can write your content for you. Contact our website designers in Wiltshire today.