Local results in Google
The local results in Google is nick named 'The local pack' (the 3-pack).
Google's local pack is now comprised of a map and 3 listings, although this may change. The 3 listings searchers see depend largely on their location; clicking on one of those takes visitors to Google Maps with an extended view of the business they clicked on.
Potential for better SEO is High
Local results are good for every business with a physical location
How to get there:
1. Claim your Google My Business listing if you haven't done it yet.
Most of the info for local business listings (including address, phone number, images, map, etc.) is taken from that page. Once you've set up your profile, make sure to:
- Add a long, unique description with a link to your official site.
- Choose the correct category for your business.
- Upload a high-resolution profile image and cover photo.
- Double check your address, local phone number, and opening hours.
2. Gain positive reviews
The reviews from your Google My Business page can play a big part in your listing's prominence in local search. Encourage your happy customers to review your biz on Google, and consider offering incentives for reviews.